Trembowla Cross of Freedom Historic Site and St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church
A stone cross and commemorative plaque mark the site of the first Ukrainian Catholic mass to be held in Canada (1897). A nearby collection of historic buildings—St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church (c.1898, the oldest remaining Ukrainian Catholic church in Canada), a pioneer home, and a school—house artifacts from early Ukrainian settlers.
27 km (17 miles) northwest of Dauphin on PR362 and PR491 (Trembowla Road)
Open daily during summer months.
204-638-9641 or 204-638-9047